Good to know …

  • National European identification or a passport is sufficient for entry. Dogs and cats need an EU pet passport and valid rabies vaccination.
  • Petrol stations in rural areas are usually open between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m., in cities or on the express way 24 hours a day. For all vehicles in towns the speed limit of 50 km/h applies. Cars, motorcycles and caravans are permitted to drive up to 90km/h outside of town, between 110 and 130 km/h on expressways and highways. Cars with trailers or heavy attached mobile homes up to 80 km/outside of town on the expressways. For drivers under the age of 25, different speed limits apply. Outside a built-up area 80 km/h, on expressway 100 km/h and on motorways 120 km/h.
  • The alcohol limit is 0.5, drivers under the age of 25 must refrain from any alcohol.
  • In the event of an accident, it is mandatory to notify the police.
  • The ADAC  (for example) offers detailed information on all travel-related questions.